Wednesday 16 February 2011

Not an A-Z of my CDs

How do I follow my A-Z of my CDs series? Well, it struck me tonight that I could do a series of tracks by artists whose material I don't own...

Whether or not I do follow this route, here's Adele's amazing performance from last night's Brit Awards. This year's awards show was better than many of its predecessors - the format was revamped, James Corden's presenting was surprisingly good (he played it with a pretty straight bat, which worked better than forced jokes do) and there were a number of good performances from a diverse range of acts.

But, for me, the star of the show was Adele. It's (relatively) easy to excite a crowd with fireworks, scores of dancers, lasers and bombast but to hold a venue the size of the O2 in rapt attention with just your voice, a beautiful ballad and a piano takes real talent.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have no more superlatives, I simply give you Adele:



Enjoy. Then press replay and enjoy again.

Andrew

No comments: